Sunday, November 28, 2010

Extra Credit

     I have never used a blog before this class. The first positive aspects that come to mind are that it was an easy and simple way of doing assignments. I encountered no difficulties at all, but I know that classmates of mine did. Blog prompts that dealt with things that were only skimmed in lectures were a little more difficult than the ones that were over concepts that were heavily emphasized. For instance, the globalization blog prompt could be seen as more difficult than the one over Ramirez-Burg's film shots. I would recommend it because it is a very swift way to turn in work. I would maybe want there to be more things that called for direct examples to films or media that the blogger enjoys. For instance, my favorite blog prompt was the one over the LS/MS/CU film shots. Even though this might have been the blog post that took the most time, it was definitely the one that I enjoyed the most. Because I went through an episode of The Wire and took screen captures and embedded them into the blog I felt that I was analyzing something I really loved. I don't think the blog prompt even called for posting pictures of the shots, but maybe in the future it should, because I loved doing that. I know that there are students who have more difficulty with things such as taking a screen capture, cropping it in paint, and embedding it into the blog, but I felt that was the most enjoyable thing I did. Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report.

No comments:

Post a Comment